Saturday, September 16, 2006

She Beat Me!


My friend Lisa finished her Frances Burwell sampler, but she isn't online, so I can't even show you a picture! So you get to see my progress instead. There are a few rows to go after I finish the house row.

I have also been working on a UFO here and there, it's called Old Glory and is a small Shepherd's Bush kit that I've started maybe 4 years ago. I've been dragging it around in my bag and pull it out when I'm waiting around doctor's offices, in the park watching Max play, while watching a movie with DH. My Frances is on my scroll rods and floor stand, which I keep in my craft room.

Last weekend I took Max to the beach on Saturday and the Maine Wildlife Park, both of which were a huge success as you can see. The Wildlife Park was much better than the zoo we had gone to before and is only about 5 miles from our house - so we will definitely be going back. See happy kid pictures:













DH has been sick with a persistent, awful cold for about 10 days now. Which means he has been a persistent, awful pain in the butt. So between taking care of him and Max, I've been too busy to stitch or blog, which has been making me very cranky! But tomorrow I am going to Patti's house to stitch, so hopefully I will come home rejuvenated and happy and ready to take care of the boys.

9 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

The big boys are ever so much harder to deal with than the little ones when they're sick, aren't they? LOL!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Glenna said...

We missed you! The F. Burwell sampler is beyond incredible. I'm thinking it's a Scarlet Letter, or am I wrong? Best of luck with the boys--that awful cold is going around our office too.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Hope you get to rest and have some nice time to yourself soon. Love the picture of Frances Burwell! Max is cute as ever. :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Cute pictures! I agree with Barbara - big boys are worse than little boys when they get sick!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Your sampler is gorgeous!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I just found your blog. I love your Frances Burwell,it is a gorgeous piece and your stitching is wonderful. I think I may need to add this piece to my wishlist, thanks for sharing :-).

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Frances Burwell Sampler. Thanks for sharing pics of your boy, it's adorable.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sampler pic in progress is beautiful!!! And your Max is darling. Hope your big boy is feeling better now ~ it's tough when they get sick because I think they're worse to deal with than kids. ha!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lelia said...

I so know what you mean about taking care of husbands & children. It is quite a challenge.

Your sampler is spectacular. Enjoy the day

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<