Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Good Times

This has such a good week! On Monday Patti came to visit, and even though it was HER birthday, she brought me flowers and cookies - how sweet is that? We went to lunch at Foley's Bakery (awesome bread) at Pineland in New Gloucester, Maine. Then we stitched for a while and dove through my stash. I saw WIPs that I had no memory of stitching. Sheesh! I did manage to get a little done on my Sunflower House, but not enough to show a progress picture.

Today I took Max to the beach. Ah, the beach. Even though it was the hottest and muggiest day of the summer so far, the beach was lovely. Max and I played in the surf all day and he finished off the day with some chocolate cookies and ice cream.





















How great is it to be a kid? Hmm, big thunderstorm starting, better shut off the computer. Have a nice week everyone!

9 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I would be having a panic attack if I, as an adult, were covered in the much cookies and ice cream. As a kid, no worries! Great pics!!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

Only a kid could fall asleep eating an ice cream cone...

10:31 AM  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

He did literally fall asleep with it in his mouth. I tried to take it from him, but he yelled MINE and then passed out. Kind of like a drunk with a bottle. Then he kept sticking his tongue out in his sleep looking for the ice cream. Too funny!

10:43 AM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

I love the picture of Max asleep with the cone down the front of him. That is so sweet.

I just read the reply you wrote to anna and that is so funny. "like a drunk with his bottle", what an image. :) Ann.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

The chocolate looks like it was fun! :o)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. And where have you been all this time? Your blog is great! And I absolutely love all the projects you're working on. A tombstone RR? That sounds very promising...
Your Max is a real cutie! Imagine falling asleep whilst enjoying ice cream. What a disappointment!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Glenna said...

So hilariously sticky! What wonderful pictures.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Great pictures!! It looks like he had a great time!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is precious!!!
I found your Blog through Annemarie's :)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<