Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Weekend of Stitching

It was a weekend of stitching, or so it seemed! My best friend Lisa from Connecticut came to visit and we had a very nice visit with stitching, and wine, and cooking a la Rachael Ray, and Max-Therapy (love from my 2-year old). We did get to stitch and Lisa made a lot of progress on her Frances Burwell sampler. I made some progress on Frances. It seems that I get more done when I visit Lisa, and she gets more done when she visits me. Some kind of stitching karma.

Sunday was a dreary, rainy day, so Lisa decided to get an jump start on the returning tourist traffic, and it appears that the tourists decided the same thing, so her 3-hour trip took her almost 5 hours. Sorry Lisa!

While Lisa was stuck in traffic, I made some progress on my bohemian basket.















That little wormy looking part in the middle will be tied off and tucked in later. The weaving part will be finished tonight and my beading class is tomorrow night. Max is usually pretty intolerant of me trying to stitch while he wants me to play, but he is fascinated with the "bowl" as he calls it. He can say both yarn and bowl and knows that the yarn belongs to Mama. My sweet boy.

I had a very nice visit with Patti on Sunday. Her Jack Russell Terrier, Cowboy, is such a SWEETIE! I brought him a peanut butter dog biscuit and had tucked it into the outside pocket of my bag and he found it within seconds. And Patti's house, dubbed Casa Pearl, is a gem. It is a 1920's bungalow and looks like it should be on the pages of Cottage Living. I stitched on Frances, but didn't make enough progress to warrant a photo. We had excellent pizza for lunch, which I ate too much of, and I forgot to have the brownies she made for dessert! Doh!

In other stitching news, Stitcher's Hideaway has updated their website with classes for next year. Lisa (who is blog-less) and I are going to Plymouth at the end of September to attend the EGA New England Region "Region Day" with a tour of Pilgrim Hall Museum (the home of the original Loara Standish sampler). I took a Loara Standish class with Joanne Harvey in Plymouth at Sampler Gathering several years ago, but missed viewing the original sampler as I came down with the flu! I am looking forward to seeing it in person now. Note: the colors in the photo do NOT do this piece justice! We plan to spend the weekend in Plymouth stitching and reliving the glory days of the now defunct Sampler Gathering.

Have a good week!

8 Comments:

Blogger catandturtle said...

I love the bowl, very cool. I am glad you had a great weekend of stitching with friends. That is so nice. Ann.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Sounds like you had a lovely stitchey-girlfriend visit!

The bowl is really cool.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

I love that basket. It is going to be awesome when you are finished.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Have some clam chowder and think of me when you are in Plymouth! I went to see Loara when I went to Sampler Gathering - very inspirational!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

That's a cool bowl. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks once you've finished it.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your basket!!! How darling is that? I love Rachael Ray recipes too by the way. If you haven't already tried her MEXICAN MEATZZA - you must! I think it's my favorite of hers.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Sandy, I wanted to get back to you about your iris question. Feel free to weed them. They will enjoy that. They are quite hardy. They may not bloom as well if they are being choked with weeds. If that didn't answer your precise question, just let me know!!! :-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

That bowl is pretty neat-can't wait to see it completed!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<