Friday, August 18, 2006

Where has this week gone?

It has flown by! I haven't made any progress on Frances this week. But that's because I took a bead class at The Beadin' Path in Freeport. If you go to Freeport, Maine and like beads, don't miss this shop! I was not a beading person (other than adding some as edging onto my stitching) until I walked into this ship. It's right on the main drag, at the south end of the street. Don't confuse it with the disappointing, not-worth-a-visit shop across the street.

The class project is called Bohemian Beaded Basket. It's a class in two parts: the first was to make the basket by covering cotton clothesline with yarn. We started that in class and are supposed to have it finished by next Wednesday, and at that class we will attach the beads. I chose a blue/green softly variegated yarn called Nantucket and have blue, green, aqua and silver beads (so far). I'm also going to add another color for contrast and add some little doodads like teeny silver and shells. Weaving the basket has taken up all of my free time since Wednesday. It is a lot of fun though! I'm already envisioning a larger version in fall colors with pine cones and beads and twigs around the edge.

My best friend will be visiting from Connecticut this weekend and we're taking Max to the beach on Saturday morning and will hopefully have time to stitch while he's napping. I'm trying to teach him to say Auntie Lisa, but it's coming out Awnie Sussa. Sooooo cute. Then on Sunday, we're going to Patti's house to stitch! I can't wait to see her stash, projects, cute house and Cowboy!

I'm hoping to have lots of pictures on Monday!

Happy Friday!

4 Comments:

Blogger catandturtle said...

I can't wait to see the beaded basket project, it sounds wonderful. Ann.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Be careful! Beads are highly addicting!

I can't wait to see your finished picture!!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Have fun! It sounds like you've got a nice weekend planned!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your beading excursion sounds fun. I look forward to pictures. I'm trying to decide what my next BIG project will be, I've set up a poll in my sidebar, I'd love it if you voted. Thanks.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<