Friday, August 11, 2006

SBQ

Today's SBQ was suggested by Ami (http://stitch.thirani.net/):

For those of you who use hand or over-dyed floss, how do you store it?

The permalink to this post is: http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2006/08/over-dyed-floss-storage/

My current method of storing cotton floss is on little hooks on a pegboard on the wall of my craft room. Not very space effective, but it makes a nice display!

Before I put up the pegboard, I had all of my floss separated by manufacturer (Weeks, GAST, Crescent Colors, etc.) and on large rings in alphabetical order. Much more portable than my wall display!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I like how you store your floss. I have though about doing it that way, but unfortunately my stitching room is also the guest room:(

10:30 AM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Can I come live at your house? Maybe your tidiness and the artistic way you have arranged your work space and supplies would rub off on me!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

What a great way to store your floss. It's almost like looking at a piece of art hanging there.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I love the display! Mine get tossed in a rubbermaid box!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love how you store your floss - looks so cool!

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you store (and display!) your threads. It makes for easy access. Mine are just in drawers of DMC cabinets so I have to pull every drawer out each time to see them. I like your way better!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<