Monday, August 28, 2006

Celebrity Sighting!


I took this adorable picture of Max this weekend and as I have no stitching to share, he will have to do for your viewing pleasure.

No stitching this weekend, as the best man from our wedding finally got married himself. The wedding was held at the Delaney House in Holyoke, Mass.-- it was so beautiful. I had to go back to the hotel (right next door) after dinner to straighten out a room snafu as our heater was stuck on and our room was stifling, but they very kindly moved us. But as I was standing at the desk returning the key card, I heard an oh-so-familiar voice next to me - none other than Joanne Harvey of The Examplarery, the recreator of the beautiful Frances Burwell sampler that Lisa and I have been so diligently stitching upon. We hadn't seen each other since that class in Plymouth in 2003, so it was nice to be able to chat. She and her husband were on their way to see the samplers at Historic Deerfield. I was very jealous. I am hoping to be able to get her up to Maine to teach for our EGA guild. Then the following morning as I was taking Max to breakfast, who happens to walk into our elevator, but Joanne! And with pen and paper in hand, hoping to see me to get my contact information so we could discuss classes! My stitching angel is watching over me. I am such a Joanne groupie!

And I am now officially on vacation until SEPTEMBER 5! Woohoo! So I am definitely going to make some serious headway on Frances. And in keeping with our SAL, Lisa has also almost completed her sampler, so we will finish neck-and-neck, and that is a good feeling.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling picture of your Max!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

What a great picture of your son Max.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

How cool! I'm a fan of Joanne, and took a couple of classes with her at our guild in Chicago a couple of years ago. It was nice that she was looking for you! What are you going to have her teach at your guild?

Cute picture of Max!

5:33 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Max is just too cute! He will do since you have no stitching to share! Our kids will always work when there is no stitching to share!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Max is such a cutie. Very cool that you bumped into Joanne Harvey!!

9:14 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Enjoy your vacation!

That's a great picture of your Max. What a wonderful smile!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Chiara said...

Max is very nice!!!He is a cutie!!

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<