Sunday, July 30, 2006

Lazy Sunday


I LOVE lazy Sundays. My husband is out of town this weekend, which should make it a busier weekend, right? Nope. Max has been the angel child I wish was here all of the time. A stitching friend from EGA came over this afternoon and we spent some time cooling off in the pool and then I was settling down to stitch, when Max woke up from his nap. But I am all set to stitch after he goes to bed.

This week I have brought out a UFO and turned it into a WIP. It is Sunflower House by Blackbird Designs. The house is what I have added this week. I will finish this into a gift for my Aunt's birthday (which was in June). But I won't see her until the end of August, so that's not too late.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!

Sandy

9 Comments:

Blogger Casa Pearl said...

This is wonderful Sandy! I can't wait to see it in person today.

7:44 AM  
Blogger catandturtle said...

I love Blackbird Designs and the blue fabric is perfect. Ann.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy, enjoyed visiting/reading your blog. I too am an avid sampler stitcher and I notice you have mentioned all of my favorite designers.

May I ask you, my husband and I are planning a Maine vac soon, could you offer any leads on LNS's in Maine that I should visit. Would really appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks Pam

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Sandy you do beautiful work - my first visit to your blog. I've never been to Maine but always wanted to visit - I live in the desert southwest, quite the opposite of Maine!

11:05 PM  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

Hi Pam - I haven't found many stitching shops in Maine, but can recommend The Stitcher's Corner in Wiscasset. She has a truly amazing selection of threads. www.stitcherscornermaine.com. Wiscasset is a picturesque Maine village with many antique shops.

I've also heard Stitchery Square in Camden is good, although I have not been there yet.

I've also heard (but not been to) that Willow's End in Boothbay Harbor is good. Although it is primarily knitting and needlepoint.

I would not recommend The Stitching Mantis in Cape Elizabeth. I've been there once and they have a poor selection of cross-stitch items, and are mostly a yarn shop. And the

Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Joyce said...

I just discovered your blog, from your post on With My Needle, and lo and behold, I find two of my stitching friends have left comments already today! Blogging really makes it a small world. Your stitching is lovely, and your son is adorable.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sandy for your shop recommendations. I will definitely look into them. I mean, what's a vacation without including needlework shops!? :-)

Enjoy your blog!
Pam

11:11 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

sunflower house looks great on the blue fabric-very pretty!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Very pretty!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<