Thursday, July 20, 2006

Progress Report

Finally, a picture! This is my progress on the Tombstone Angel RR I'm in. It's actually a Chartmakers (Carriage House Samplings & Goode Huswife) RR, but then we each chose our own theme. Lisa's choice was tombstone angels. I am stitching Hannah Skinner, but I changed the colors from the original to go better with the fabric. You can see the original at http://www.carriagehousesamplings.com/antiques.htm. The fabric is lighter than it shows in the scan. I had to use the ancient scanner here at work. I hope to have it done within a week.

While you're there, you might want to check out the home page and see the incredible Village of Hawk Run Hollow. I haven't even started the Houses of Hawk Run Hollow yet, but that Village is definitely calling my name. Kathy is such a prolific designer and her designs just appeal to me so much. I could probably spend the rest of my life just stitching her stuff!

We are having gorgeous weather here in Southern Maine, unfortunately, I am stuck behind my desk at work. I can at least see out the window, but that's really a tease when it's so nice out. I'm taking the boy to the beach on Saturday to play in the sand and surf. That is really the best part about living here. I can deal with the long, long winter in exchange for being 30 minutes from the beautiful Maine coast.

Thank you all for visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments. I truly enjoy reading what other stitchers are up to (even when it's not stitching). Have a nice day everyone!

Sandy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! Love the "Hannah" piece and you can guess why!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've read a blog. I so enjoyed it! It's like stepping into someone's diary. As much as you like to post the photos, I love to see the photos! It reminds me why I love to stitch. I rarely have the time these days but certainly enjoy it when I can.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<