Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Dancing!

I have FINALLY finished Hannah Skinner - my contribution to Lisa's tombstone angel round robin. I haven't finished anything in ages, so this feels really good. In a previous post, I had said that I had this RR kicking around for a year, but that was incredibly inaccurate. As I looked back in the journal that came with the project, I see that I didn't get it until the end of April this year. Although I am still in the doghouse and I have had it for three months and it was supposed to be a six-week (more or less) turnaround. Here it is:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo hosting courtesy of www.photobucket.com

Next up for me is to finish stitching the sampler I have designed. It has presented challenges to say the least. I still need to design one small part and that is giving me the most trouble! Maybe I will be inspired and motivated now that I am out from under the cloud of a late RR.

Happy stitching everyone!
Sandy

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Congrats on your HD! That is very pretty and very neat stitching.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Congratulations, Sandy!

I saw your comment on The Useful Needle asking how to find The Brightneedle chart, "Lo How a Rose." I was looking, too! I emailed the nice Brightneedle ladies and they wrote back:

"That chart may be found in a 2001 Better Homes and Gardens hardcover book called "A Cross Stitch Christmas: Celebrations in Stitches." We can't sell this chart because Better Homes and Gardens owns the rights to it. We're not sure the book is still in print. But your local shop can get in touch with BH&G to see. If not obtainable, you might be able to find it on eBay or Amazon. Hope that helps!"

I did find the book on Amazon from a used bookseller for $1.95 plus shipping. There are lots of other copies. Thought you might like to know!

I will add you to my blogroll soon- I enjoy your pictures.
cheers,
Rachel

6:22 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Congrats on your Happy Dance!

*doing a little jig*

1:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is beautiful! I love the idea of a tombstone angel RR.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<