Friday, July 21, 2006

Merry Cox Finish & UFO

It's only noon on Friday and I have NO work to done. Nothing. Not even a piece of paper to file. Hmmmm. Maybe I should have taken half a vacation day or something. But I didn't want to use them all up too quickly, you know? I will have to spend the rest of my workday ready all of your blogs - now that doesn't sound so bad, does it?

I didn't get to put a stitch into anything last night - Max was high maintenance. But he was also being cute, so it didn't hurt ... so much. But I love to post photos, so here are some oldies. The first is one of my Merry Cox UFOs - it's so old it has my maiden name. Could that have been 6 years ago? Wow. From the Swan Lake Mending Bag:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And an actual Merry Cox finish - the Red b Needlecase, front and back. The closure is an antique shoe button and inside are two small pieces of antique linen for the pages. The inside is lined in a slubby gold dupioni silk.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In Other News:
I was up from 2:30-5:00 last night/morning. I woke up to pouring rain (thanks TS Beryl) and realized the windows were open, so went around closing the ones where the rain was making puddles, wiped up said puddles. Realized one of (the four) cats was outside, let said cat in, realized the windows in DH's car were open, went outside and closed said windows and then was too awake to sleep and too sleepy to stitch. So I read instead. I finished my third Undead book. They are just too funny and a great quick summer read. Vampire fiction meets chick lit. Try it, you might like it. The first one is Undead and Unwed. Also on the reading front, I found Lauren Willig at the end of last year and just love her. She weds romance with historical fiction and it's very entertaining and interesting. Her first book is The Secret Identity of the Pink Carnation; the second book is the Masque of the Black Tulip and the third yet-to-be-released book will be The Deception of the Emerald Ring - due out in November.

Happy Stitching (or reading)!

Sandy

5 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Your MC finish is so beautiful, not much to do on the UFO is there?

2:46 PM  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

Well, I did start a verse to put on the bottom of the bag. I felt it was too blank and if you're like me, you look at the bottoms too. So I need to finish that part up and then there's the actual "finishing." Not my forte and usually intimidate me into having lots of UFOs around. I may have to dig this out though and see what needs to be done before it languishes much longer. Thanks!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Very nice work, Sandy!

Brightneedle's Lo, How a Rose is found in BHG's A Cross Stitch Christmas - Celebrations in Stitches (2001). There are a couple of them for sale on e-bay right now. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Casa Pearl said...

Sandy, you beat me to the punch! Or should I say Comments? I found your blog through Danielle and I would love to get together. I don't belong to an EGA group since moving here because the all meet during the day and I work full time. Email me at pkasmarek at hotmail dot com and we can discuss stitch in possibilities! Maybe when this horrible rain quits? If ever?

7:25 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Your Merry Cox work is beautiful...I would LOVE to do the Swan Mending Bag as I think it is my favourite from her...can't wait to see your eventual finish of it :-)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<