Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Almost Finished!

I am so close to being finished with Lisa's tombstone angel RR, that to post a picture now would ruin seeing the finished picture. I will definitely finish it tonight. I got up early this morning and squeezed in an hour of stitching before I had to get ready for work. Does anyone else who works full-time do that? Pre-child I stitched all the time and now it's in bits and pieces, but I am definitely making an effort now. For the last year I had hardly stitched at all and I was such a grouchy bitch! So now that I'm stitching, I'm much nicer to live with.

I saw a book cover recently called Woman First, Family Always by Kathryn Sansone. This woman has TEN children and doesn't look completely insane. She must have some good advice to share with me - I'm completely harried and I only have ONE child. I would like to have another, but I wonder if it would drive both me and my husband over the edge. Hmmm. It sounds like one of her principles is to take care of yourself first, which will make you happier, thus everyone else happy. Like if "Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy," right?

And today's picture is Moon and Stars by Little House Needleworks in honor of my son, Max, who loves to say Moon and Star and point up at the sky. I stitched this for him before he was born and still need to frame it! (He's two now).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photo hosted by Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger lena-lou said...

I like your LHN they do such lovely designs. I had to smile at Kathryns philosophy if she lives by that rule no wonder 10 children have not demented her...lol...it is true though

1:47 PM  
Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Hello! I found your blog from a comment you left on Vash's blog.

Your stitching is absolutely gorgeous!!! You're now in my Bloglines subs. I look forward to seeing more of your stitching.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jinger said...

Don't you just love Little House Needleworks? They have the best stuff!!

I, too, am new to the blog world, so don't feel bad. I still haven't been able to add links to my page yet. UGH!! Well, at least my pictures are posting, so I guess I am moving in the right direction.

Keep up the great stitching!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<