Thursday, July 13, 2006

Still Learning

I'm new to the blogging and html thing, so please bear with me while I work out the kinks! My pictures are not showing up for some reason, so please feel free to click on the flickr link to see what I have posted there. I need to take more photos of my completed stitching and hope to add more links as well.

In stitching news, I'm working on a design that I hope to publish. I've got many more ideas that I have yet to put to paper (or in this case PatternMaker). My first one is almost stitched. I can only work on it once "the boy," my 2-year old son is in bed, or before he wakes in the morning. And because I work at a computer all day, it is hard on the eyes to start stitching at 9 at night. But I'm trying. I hope to have at least 5 designs ready for publication by the time market rolls around in February.

We have short summers here in Maine, and had a very wet, icky spring, so I am trying to soak up every bit of the sunshine and warm weather while it lasts. Our new house also has a pool and I want to take advantage of that while I can as well, so my stitching time has been greatly reduced. By winter will rear its ugly head soon enough and because I'm an "indoor girl," I have more time to stitch in winter.

In other stitching news, I'm stitching on a round robin for a group that I've been with since 1999 or 2000. We initially started a rr devoted to the Chartmakers (i.e., Carriage House Samplings (f/k/a Barrick Samplers) and now defunct Goode Huswife. We have repeated this three times in the 6 or 7 years (how can it be that long?) that we've been together. My first one was huge, the second one a little better and this last one tiny and much more manageable. All in all, we've had good experiences with our little group. This is the last one I need to stitch on for this round and it is taking me an inordinately long time to get to it. I just realized last night that I've had it for close to a year. [BAD STITCHER] But we're a very easy-going group. I've put a renewed effort into finishing this one and will post a picture of my progress tomorrow after I've worked on it some more this evening. Her theme is Tombstone Angels and I'm stitching Hannah Skinner by Chartmakers (http://www.carriagehousesamplings.com/antiques.htm) but I've changed the colors to go better with the lovely gray-green of the RR fabric.

Happy stitching,
Sandy

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I am fairly new myself. I look forward to seeing your designs.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hi Sanday! So nice to hear from you! That round robin we were in together was great! I was in a few after that, but none compared to that one--and that remains my favorite RR piece! I am glad you are blogging! It is so nice to see what everyone is working on, and I love your stitching room!! Looking forward to seeing your design as well!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!!!
Danielle--The Peacock's Feather

9:55 PM  
Blogger Measi said...

*waves* I found you via the Stitching Blogger's webring and wanted to say hi. It's always nice to find another stitcher here in New England! I've been enjoying the photos of your work-- beautiful projects!

Best wishes,
Melissa in Rhode Island

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<