Sunday, July 16, 2006

Another Weekend Over (sigh)

Thanks for your lovely comments everyone! It feels good to know that people are reading my blog. I am really enjoying reading everyone else's and it gives me such inspiration!

Don't you just hate the end of the weekend? I know I do! I took Friday off from work and spent a lovely morning stitching. Then I went to see Pirates II with my husband (it felt like a first date, that's how long it's been since we had a night out alone - although this was more decadent because it was the middle of the afternoon), and then hung out in the pool until it was time to pick up "the boy" from daycare. A very nice day!

On Saturday morning we went to the beach and came home around 2:00 and I got to stitch in the afternoon while the wee one took a nice long nap. And a few more dips in the pool were warranted due to the rare heat and humidity here in Maine.

Today I thought might be more of the same. I took Max to the beach by myself this morning and was hoping to stitch while he slept in the afternoon, but he threw a wrench in the plans by sleeping in the car and then refusing his afternoon nap. Aargh. The little bugger is on my lap right now, watching a Kipper episode while I type this. He's so ready to crash.

Another wrench in the works this afternoon was that my husband decided to be a MAN. Do you know what I mean? Instead of relaxing while we were gone this morning, which was the general idea, he decided to do a floor to ceiling clean of the house, mow the lawn, take out the trash, etc., and by the time we got home, he was exhausted, cranky, and not ready to take over the handling of an exhausted, cranky child. Bummer. Neither of us is very happy with each other at the moment. This too shall pass I am sure. As it does when this occasionally happens. Thanks for letting me vent.

And the batteries died in my camera, so no progress pictures today. But I will put in an old one, just to make it interesting, but it's new to you, right?

Hmm, blogger photos isn't cooperating. I've tried about 7 times. I'll try tomorrow. It was a good one too! I stitched it in 1997 and it's by Eileen Bennett of The Sampler House. The verse reads
"Oh heaven preserve us from a wife with fancy work run wild. With hands that never do aught else for husband or for child. Our clothes are rent, our bills unpaid, our house is in disorder, and all because my lady wife has taken to embroider." Kind of fits what's going on at our house lately!


Happy stitching,
Sandy

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy

I've just spent some time sneaking a peek at your flickr photo's. You've done some lovely work. I especially like the scissor fob.

You are so lucky to have your own craft room!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment :o)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Sandy,
Weren't you in Maine when we did the RR together? I think before that it was somewhere in the SW? I would love to go to Maine. I have never been there, but I have this idea in my mind what it must be like. There is another Maine blogger, by the way--Patti--http://mexstitch.blogspot.com/!
Danielle (The Peacock's Feather)

5:48 PM  
Blogger Susimac said...

Hi Sandy
Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog thanks for visiting me. Now my photos. I don't do anything special, my camera is a wee Pentax optio digital camera, and I just look for the best light really.
Hope you visit me again and I know I will be back to you.
Hugs Su

1:47 PM  
Blogger Joanie said...

Love your flickr album. Your work is lovely!

Sticky toddler fingers turn into sticky 19 year old fingers. It never ends! And I believe a 19 year old (like I have) could be even more cranky than a toddler any day!

I'll be back soon to read your blog!

8:15 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi, I have just found your blog and reading through I have to say I really like the verse on your Sampler you did. I have never seen that one and shall look out for when blogger lets you upload the picture!

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<