Monday, November 27, 2006

WIP It, WIP It Good


Couldn't help that title.

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. We drove to Mass. Our usual 3-hour trip turned into 5 hours when we were stuck on the Mass Pike for over 2 1/2 hours. It was fine until we got to the Pike, then it was like hitting a brick wall. A Thanksgiving Blessing: Max fell asleep, so we thankfully did not have a cranky toddler to contend with. We had a lovely joint dinner with my Mom, her family and Sam's family and then dessert with my Dad's family. After this very exhausting day, we decided to go home a day early. I'm so glad that we did!

Here are a few of my WIPs. I intended to add more, but Blogger is not letting me add more photos. So more tomorrow.

First up: the knitting. It isn't first in my heart, of course, but it's what I'm doing right now.

Project: Basketweave scarf
Source: http://www.crazyauntpurl.com/
archives/2005/06/magic_scarf_a_b_1.php
Yarn: Ego Tweed Color No. 80
Source: www.purldiva.com
Needles: No. 11 Brittany birch wood - I love them
This is my first knitting project so don't look at it too closely, eh? I am still trying to figure out how to fix it when I drop stitches or knits accidentally morph into purls. The yarn is actually a deeper color than shown. It was really a very sunny day for once!



This is Heloise Williams from The Scarlet Letter. She is much prettier in person than she is on the SL website. I think I started stitching this in 1993. So this probably qualifies more as a UFO than a WIP. But I really do want to finish her!










Catherine's Sampler by Eileen Bennett. This was a class that I took at CATS in Houston. Could have been 2000 or 2001? Lisa took this class at Sampler Gathering and actually finished hers!

More to come later!

6 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Love the knitting, don't want to learn how to do it but I do love it. The color is gorgeous as are both your WIPs. BTW, the Devo play on words was lots of fun :-). I don't know how I missed the Eileen Bennett piece, it really is pretty.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, in spite of the drive! Great work on your UFO/WIP's. And your knitting looks great too.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! I'm looking forward seeing your progress !

4:39 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your post title made me LOL!

6:31 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

LOL at your title! Now that song will be coasting around in my head all day.

You have some gorgeous WIPs!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LMAO at the title of your post! Excellent progress on your projects :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<