Thursday, October 19, 2006

Frances Finally Finished


Here she is! I promise to take better pictures soon. It was raining when I took these. I finished her on Tuesday night. I am so happy! I will bring her to the frame shop next week.

This is the bottom.














Here is the top third.
















She is so pretty. These pictures do not do her justice. I will try for better ones tomorrow morning. Lisa and I decided to do this as a SAL, starting in January. Lisa finished before me even though I had a 15 row head start, as she is fond of pointing out! Although some of those rows are only 1 stitch high. It was really a lovely sampler to stitch - the colors are much more beautiful than in these pictures and the stitches were a lot of fun. I stitched mine reversible, I'll try to remember to take a picture of the back as well.

So -- what to start next? I've got a few plans for Christmas gifts, but both of those women read my blog, so you can't see those pictures. Bummer. Yesterday I started a Birds of a Feather Christmas ornament. I think this pattern may be OOP as I can't find a picture of it online. I stitched one of the ornaments a few years ago as the front of a mail art exchange and I loved it. Has anyone else stitched any of these? There are four in the chart. Is anyone else stitching for Christmas? I always procrastinate and start my holiday stitching really late. Maybe I'll keep stitching for Christmas after Christmas and then I'll be ready for next year!

21 Comments:

Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Frances is just *gorgeous*. You did a fabulous job!! Congrats on the finish.

What threads/fabric did you use for this design? I'm not very familiar with sampler pieces, who is the designer?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

That sampler is stunning! Great work!

12:29 PM  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

Thank you! This is the Frances Burwell Sampler by Joanne Harvey of The Examplarery. It is a reproduction of an antique and is stitched on 35 count linen with regular old DMC floss.

Lisa & I took it as a class at Sampler Gathering in 2003. The kit is available from www.emlis.com or the Williamsburg Marketplace.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

Gorgeous sampler!

I started stitching for Christmas back in February. I'm at the distinct disadvantage of having to ship gifts overseas, in October!

1:28 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, that is really stunning! I can't wait to see more pictures.

I have not started my holiday stitching. Shame on me.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

How stunning!!!!! Wow!!

Aw Lisa, play nice - no need to point out that you finished this stunner first :-) What is outstanding is that you both stitched it - so nice!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

What an awesome finish - WOW! :D

4:07 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Wow, it's wonderful and going on my Christmas list! Congrats on the finish, it really is a spectacular piece and your stitching is beautiful.

Hugs,
Katrina

7:45 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

She is very pretty!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Glenna said...

What an exquisite sampler--it'll look beautiful framed and hanging in your home! Can't wait to see what you do next.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Congratulations Frances is gorgeous

5:37 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Your sampler is lovely.

5:46 AM  
Blogger LivnLaf said...

Your Frances Burwell is fabulous...I hope you don't mind but I posted a link to your site on my blog for others to admire your work.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Joanie said...

Simply beautiful...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your finish! It's beautiful.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous sampler. Can't wait to see it framed, it will actually be even more beautiful (if that's possible).

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's very beautiful.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

congrats on your finish-it's gorgeous.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gorgeous! You did some fantastic stitching. I can't believe it is reversible too. Congrats!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

So Beautiful. Job well done.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is wonderful!!!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<