Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's All Lisa's Fault

It's all Lisa's fault that I don't have any stitching to share. Really! You see, she talked me into learning how to knit. And now I'm obsessed. I started out at AC Moore with plastic needles and some cheapy yarn to practeese, practeese, practeese. Then I found a LYS in Brunswick, called Purl Diva. I spent the entire afternoon there on Monday while my car was conveniently being worked on across the street. It's a wonderful shop run by a terrific, hip chick named Ellen. She every kindly let me hang out for the afternoon and gave me some much needed assistance. I have found out that I love wooden needles. I have now started my first project, a scarf for myself - mostly a confidence booster before I start making gifts.

The only stitching I've done is on Lisa's Christmas gift, so I can't show you any pictures either. I'll have some knitting pictures soon though. I've also got a new photo project in the works -- a photo documentary of all of my WIPs. This should be fun. I'm still in the gathering stages. So far I've found projects that: (a) I don't remember starting, (b) forgot I had, (c) I don't recognize, and (d) love, love, and love and must stitch NOW (but of course I won't). So we have daylight today, but I'm at work, so hopefully sometime over this long holiday weekend I will find both time and daylight to cooperate with my picture taking project.

Some things I am grateful for: a loving family, my sweet son, awesome friends, being able to afford my passions and still put food on the table, having two hands to craft with, the internet for helping me meet new people and try new things.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, knitting! Hooray! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Sandy - would you mind sending me an e-mail - I'd like to drop you a line, but don't have your e-mail address. Mine is in my profile!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<