Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I can't believe it's been three weeks since I've posted. I've been doing some stitching (not enough, never enough), but it's been raining for days, which doesn't make for good picture taking. But here is what I have been working on:

1. Celtic Band Sampler. I have been wavering between editing this by deleting some bands to make it go by quicker so I can give it as a Christmas gift, but I just can't make myself do it. I even photocopied the picture, cut out each row and tried to edit it by deleting some. Just not working for me. So I'll keep stitching on it, but it most likely will not be done for Christmas. I have finished rows 1 and 2.

2. Cure Tree by M Designs. I am half done. I was also on the fence about this one. About whether to do it over 1 or over 2, which thread to use if I did it over 2, which fabric. I finally decided upon the original over 1 on the original fabric, but substituted Romance by Weeks Dye Works.

3. White Christmas ornament by Birds of a Feather. This chart has 4 designs and I have almost finished stitching one of them. I can't find the floss (Freedom by GAST) that I was using in the border. I know I found it on the floor one day and then put it somewhere safe. Need to find it because that's all I have left. So I would say I am 95 percent finished on this.

What's next: I am would like to finish Celtic Band by the end of the year. I also have another gift for Christmas, that I only have a few of the silks in my stash for, so I need to place an order ASAP. And that should wrap up the year!

Goals for next year: Lisa & I are going to do another SAL, as the one we did for Frances was such a huge success. We have chosen Bands of Many Colors by Eileen Bennett of The Sampler House (pictured at left). This has been in both of our stashes for a long time. We both love Eileen's samplers and have stitched a few and taken several classes with her. After that, we shall see what pokes its head out of the stash and asks to be stitched next. The chipmunks in BOAF's Welcome Home sampler keep popping up to the top of the pile ...

7 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Love your next project, I have BOMC in my stash too. I ordered my Frances Burwell kit today, it's going under the Christmas tree since I am also doing the 10-25-50 challenge, lucky for me my DH prefers it if I do my own gift shopping, LOL.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sean Carter said...

You are working on some lovely projects..If you are looking out for some cool and out of the box stuff then you can jus peep into my Holiday Blog.......

12:33 AM  
Blogger The Queen's Stitch said...

Katrina - We do have nearly identical tastes! I have enjoyed looking at your photo album. I was so surprised to see in your shadowbox coffee table the mail art that I had stitched! You were my exchange recipient for a spring mail art exchange. Small stitching world!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Bands of Many Colors. Is that a new pattern of Eileen's? Frances came out so gorgeous.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Sandy, I know isn't that neat, and I love the mail art you made for me :-).

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re the Bands of Many Colours. Count the stitches downward. My friend who stitched it says it is about 20 stitches short on the pattern description. That makes the fabric you cut short. Hope this info helps.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

ooo that is a pretty one, indeed. Good luck with all your projects!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<