Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Random Stuff

Thank you everyone so much for your wonderful comments about Frances! I hope to have new photos soon. It's disgustingly dark now when I get home from work and mornings have been hectic. Max had a stomach bug that started on Friday night and is still lingering.

We had a very nice stitch-in at Patti's house on Saturday. Lisa came up from Connecticut and Nancy up from Massachusetts. Patti made an awesome beef stew and we had a nice time stitching and chatting. I made remarkably small progress on a sampler that I'm stitching as a gift - pictures to come when Blogger is more cooperative.

I've also been busy creating on a website for my EGA chapter, which will probably take until the end of the year to get up and running because of all of the people that need to approve the content, etc. But it's fun work. I don't mind "fun work." I do mind grunge work, like cleaning the bathroom. But I love to work on things that mean something to me, not that clean bathrooms don't mean anything.

Here are links to some good things:

UNIFEM - United Nations Development Fund for Women
UNIFEM in the United States

Give Life - what a great title, that is what you do when you donate blood - you give life. I'm scheduled to donate on Monday. Do you know that the State of Maine only gets about 200 pints of blood a day and it gets donated to 39 hospitals and clinics? That's not much. In fact, not enough. It's not only accident victims who need the blood, but also people going through cancer treatments, etc. People need it every day. I used to be afraid that I would pass out, or it would hurt, but when my neighbor was diagnosed with cancer, he needed constant transfusions. We were the same blood type, so for him I donated every 6 weeks. It was a good feeling. You really do leave smiling, feeling that you've helped someone and possibly saved a life. PLEASE DONATE BLOOD.

You can open these sites and click on the buttons to help fund free mammograms, health care for kids, animal rescue, etc. It costs nothing to click! I've been doing this for years and they are trusted sites. I will be adding buttons for these to my sidebar when I get around to reorganizing my page. I'm getting sick of the green, so look for a new template here soon!

The Breast Cancer Site
The Child Health Site
The Animal Rescue Site
The Hunger Site
The Literacy Site
The Rainforest Site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<