Thursday, October 26, 2006

10/25/50 Projects Challenge

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After reviewing the out of control stash situation, it's time for me to join the 10/25/50 project stash challenge. I'm going whole hog and attempting 50! Above is my 1st (new) project, but which will count as the 2nd project finished (if and when I finish it!). I've decided not to "age" it the way it is shown, but will gently tea-dye it when finished to soften it. I'm stitching it on cream Edinborough and the colors look a bit bright to me. I will post my progress at the end of the week.

The rules (as posted at www.hasturtorres.blogspot.com) are:
1. Have fun reducing your stash.
2. There is no time limit- people have different size projects they would like to work on.
3. Thou shall not purchase any new patterns until 10, 25, or 50 projects have been stitched. Pattern size does not matter.
4. This challenge can also apply to knitting, beading, sewing and crocheting patterns.
5. You can make some exemptions - I am not placing limitations on this due to commitments that people might already have. Remember, though, the goal of this challenge is to reduce stash so too many exemptions will sabotage these efforts.
6. Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs and patterns bought with gift money are not a violation of this challenge. This also applies to purchasing patterns for gifts that give other people. Woohoo!
7. Freebies count as part of your total and you can aquire them at any point.
8. The offical start date of this challenge was Sept 1, 2006 since I have been posting about it for awhile and want to make sure the everyone's projects have been included.
My own modification will be that if, after completing the stitching on a piece, I actually "finish" it into something, either an object or a framed picture, it will count as 2 finishes.

My 50 projects, subject to deletions or additions from my current stash, are:
1. Frances Burwell – The Examplarery (FINISHED! - yea 1 down, 49 to go!)
2. Cure Tree – M Designs (WIP)
3. Celtic Sampler – Homespun Samplar (WIP)
4. Sailing Home – Blackbird Designs (WIP)
5. My Betrothed Sampler – Birds of a Feather (WIP)
6. White Christmas Ornament 1 (WIP)
7. White Christmas Ornament 2
8. White Christmas Ornament 3
9. White Christmas Ornament 4
10. Bands of Many Colors – The Sampler House
11. Take a Lovely Sampler – Lauren Sauer (WIP)
12. Stitching Chair Necessaire – Hillside Samplings (WIP)
13. Sampler Pinkeep – The Heart’s Content (WIP)
14. Noah’s Needle – Just Nan
15. Baby Garden – Just Nan
16. Assissi Band Sampler – Samplar Workes
17. Spanish Sampler – Samplar Workes
18. Nonesuch Band Sampler – Samplar Workes
19. Happy Hearts Sampler – Birds of a Feather
20. Sally Spencer Sampler – Birds of a Feather
21. Welcome Home – Birds of a Feather
22. Bitter Flower Sampler – Birds of a Feather (WIP)
23. Peace – Birds of a Feather
24. Be Kind and True – Blackbird Designs
25. Strawberry Garden – Blackbird Designs
26. Anonymous Sampler – Chartmakers (WIP)
27. Scottish Sampler – The Essamplaire (WIP)
28. The Good Neighbor – The Drawn Thread
29. Flower Scissors Companion – Ewe & Eye & Friends
30. Friends Are Angels on Earth – The Heart’s Content
31. Ann Smith – The Scarlet Letter (WIP)
32. Emmanuel’s Song – Shepherd’s Bush
33. The Toy Gatherer – Shepherd’s Bush
34. Seaology – The Trilogy
35. Time for Tea – Barbara Jackson (WIP)
36. Sampler Slide Purse – CA Wells (WIP)
37. Friendship – Brightneedle
38. Evensong – Brightneedle
39. Hearts & Flowers – Carriage House Samplings
40. Houses of Hawk Run Hollow – Carriage House Samplings
41. Village of Hawk Run Hollow – Carriage House Samplings
42. Stitcher’s Prayer – Carriage House Samplings
43. Bookcover – The Essamplaire (WIP)
44. Abigail Brown – The Examplarery
45. Ann Bowers – The Examplarery
46. Loara Standish – The Examplarery
47. Ann Holewll – The Examplarery
48. Bird in Bough – The Scarlet Letter (WIP)
49. With My Needle – The Goode Huswife (WIP)
50. Heart in Hand – Little Angel in the Clouds

9 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Nice list! I wish I were brave enough to make such a commitment!

Enjoy Celtic Band Sampler! I stitched it last year (or 2004). I didn't age it either, but used Silkweaver's Rock Quarry instead. It is such a pretty sampler - the bands are thick and tedious at times, so I will happily cheer you on!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Wow, do we have the same taste in stitching. I have half the designs on your list and a goodly percentage of what I don't have are on my wishlist. I am starting to be seriously tempted to do this challenge. I think it's a great idea, I have the same issues with my stash, so much and not enough time to stitch it all :-).

Hugs,
Katrina

6:23 PM  
Blogger Anna van Schurman said...

I like your idea that finishing a piece counts as 2 finishes. I could do 50 just by running the sewing machine over a few of my projects!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That's an amazing 50 project list! And I love Celtic Sampler, and I actually even started it once upon a time. Hmmm, I really should get back to it!

6:35 PM  
Blogger ~mj~ said...

i really love the sampler..the colours will be much softer after you tea-dye it..

8:46 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I think we were separated at birth! LOL We have very similar tastes! Congrats on the Frances Burwell finish too! Amazingly beautiful!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I should join this challange, but I am so weak....

4:52 PM  
Blogger DonnaSews said...

The Celtic Sampler is gorgeous. I have it hanging right here above me. I didn't age it, just used a tea dyed linen.
Good luck on your 50 projects!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Cathy C said...

I must say that I am tempted to do this too. I just read the instructions and agree that a 'framing' or 'sewn finish' counts as 2 finishes. Great minds think alike as they say -- ha! ha! I have just finished creating a list of what I have finished this year, stitched or framed, or sewn into something and I am at 12 right now -- that's not too bad for 3 1/2 months. Sure is better than I did last year. If I keep this up, I could have about 27 by the end of May -- only because I am counting one project (as it is in parts) as a finish when I am done with each section. Works for me LOL. I've begun working on my UFOs and I am onto the 5th one now and it sure feels good to be getting them completed. I will have to post this information on my blog and make up a list of my 50. Now I am going to add some modifications and that is that I can buy something after every 10th finish -- can't do it after 25 and 50, that would just take way too long. More incentive to hurry and finish things if I can reward myself sooner. Thank goodness we can make some changes in the rules. Will keep a link to your blog so I can check back and see how you are coming along with all your projects. Good luck!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<