Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Throne Room

I am so lucky to have a craft room of my own. After having lived in small apartments (one as small as 500 sq. feet), having enough space was a huge consideration when we were house hunting. Sam needed an office, Max needed room to play, and I needed my own craft room, where I could shut the door to get away, or shut the door to hide my stuff from sticky toddler fingers. We finally found what we needed and now complain that we don't have enough "stuff" to fill it. If only everyone could complain of such things, eh?

This is the door (did I mention that I love having a door?):
The entrance to my haven

Here is the wall with my shop-style Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Arts Sampler Threads storage:
Weeks and GAST Threads

And a shot of my Throne and floor stand. It's a Gazelle II and was a present from my husband for my birthday this year. I had a floor stand for years, but after we moved a few times, I lost of of the pieces, and just needed a new one in general. I like this kind much better than the one I had before and highly recommend it!
Another view of The Throne

I need to take more pictures of the room. There are two windows which provide some good light in the morning (one faces the pool area and the other the back yard). There is also a bookcase with my stitching reference books, a desk with my computer, a counter for my scrapbooking, and lots more baskets with stash hidden inside. It's like Christmas whenever I open up a basket to look for something. I do need to get better organized.

Happy stitching,
Sandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


<